[Article updated on 19/09/2023]
Marketed by Laboratoires Forte Pharma, the XtraSlim food supplement is consumed as part of a diet. This slimming ally is an appetite suppressant. It is a valuable aid when it comes to getting rid of excess pounds and slimming the figure. It is, therefore, a food supplement used as part of weight loss and which helps you stop the feeling of hunger, better control your appetite and your cravings.
Before reading on
I’m not an expert in this field, but I am passionate about nutrition and health.
The articles you’ll find on my site are the result of in-depth research that I’d like to share with you. However, I would like to stress that I am not a health professional and that my advice should in no way replace that of a qualified physician. I’m here to guide you, but it’s important that you consult a professional for specific questions or medical concerns. Your well-being is important. So be sure to consult the appropriate experts and take the best possible care of yourself.
The XtraSlim appetite suppressant food supplement: for whom? For what uses?
If you are regularly hungry and you cannot put an end to your cravings and your desire to snack, I recommend the XtraSlim appetite suppressant food supplement. If you want to get rid of extra pounds or lose weight, XtraSlim is an effective and well-suited solution for you.
XtraSlim is useful to help you reduce your appetite during meals and reduce snacking between meals in order to limit excess calories and consequently promote weight loss. The effectiveness of this food supplement will allow you to reduce the feeling of hunger and increase the feeling of fullness after a meal.
XtraSlim appetite suppressant is a food supplement that comes in the form of capsules. It is available in a box of 60 capsules. Its formulation includes particularly effective appetite suppressant active ingredients, including:
- a Lipo-App complex, made up of glucomannan powder from konjac and holy basil compound. These ingredients are effective in reducing the feeling of hunger;
- a vitamin B complex, with more precisely, the presence of vitamins B2, B3 and B6 guaranteeing the normal functioning of the nervous system as well as vitamin B5 which is involved in the normal synthesis and normal metabolism of certain neurotransmitters;
- a compound of carob, the fruit of a large Mediterranean tree, promoting a feeling of satiety and greatly reducing cravings.
Most of the ingredients listed are present in other products that you can find in my comparative article of the best appetite suppressants.
What is the composition of XstraSlim?
I will detail the information on the ingredients of the XtraSlim slimming supplement, FortéPharma mentions natural ingredients, let’s take a look:
- LIPOSLIM complex : This complex includes extracts of wakame (Undaria pinnatifida) and turmeric (Curcuma longa). Wakame is a brown seaweed used in Japanese cuisine and is rich in minerals, fiber and antioxidants. Turmeric is a plant used as a spice and contains an active compound called curcumin, which has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties;
- Bulking agent (calcium carbonate) : Calcium carbonate is a form of calcium used as a food additive to increase the volume of a capsule or tablet. It is also a source of calcium, which is important for healthy bones and teeth, for this one I am not sure how natural it is;
- Konjac glucomannan (Amorphophallus konjac) : Konjac glucomannan is extracted from the root of a plant called konjac. It is a water-soluble fiber that has the ability to absorb water, thereby forming a gel in the stomach. This can help increase feelings of fullness and reduce appetite. Natural, it can be found in many other food supplements;
- Choline bitartrate : Choline is an essential nutrient that is part of the vitamin B complex. It plays an important role in the health of the liver, brain and nervous system. Choline bitartrate is a chemical form of choline used as a food supplement, therefore not really natural;
- Dry extract of blackcurrant leaves (Ribes nigrum L.) : Blackcurrant is a small fruit rich in vitamins C and E, as well as antioxidants;
- Bulking agent (microcrystalline cellulose) : Microcrystalline cellulose is a food additive that is used to increase the volume of tablets and capsules. It is derived from cellulose, a substance present in the cell walls of plants, a component which I doubt is natural (but not bad of course);
- Anti-caking agents (silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate) : this component is used to prevent ingredients from sticking together and forming lumps;
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) : Vitamin B6 is a vitamin that plays an essential role in many body functions, including protein and carbohydrate metabolism. It is also important for the health of the nervous system;
- Chromium chloride : Chromium chloride is an essential mineral in small quantities for the body. It is often included in dietary supplements to support carbohydrate and lipid metabolism;
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine) : Vitamin B1, also known as thiamine, is a vitamin that plays a role in the metabolism of carbohydrates and amino acids. It is essential for the conversion of carbohydrates into energy.
Regarding the nature of the ingredients, some of them, such as wakame, turmeric, konjac and blackcurrant, are of natural origin, coming from plants. Other ingredients, such as bulking agents, anti-caking agents and some vitamins, may be of synthetic origin, but the brand is not explicit on this point.
How to take the capsules?
The manufacturer recommends taking a 3-month course for effective results. In use and for optimal results, Forté Pharma indicates that you should take 2 capsules per day, twice per day. The dosage is simple and practical: take 2 capsules before lunch and 2 capsules before dinner. Make sure to take them with a full glass of water for better absorption and assimilation of the ingredients.
What are the advantages and disadvantages ?
- Reduce appetite : the active ingredients help reduce appetite during meals and limit cravings. Also, they increase the feeling of satiety and fullness. The appetite suppressant effect of this food supplement is confirmed by various users such as Cathérine Cros: “It suppresses hunger if you don’t have a big appetite ”.
- Reduce or even ignore snacking : the different components of the XtraSlim food supplement act effectively and reduce snacking between meals. According to Millière Anne, it is a ‘‘easy to use product that has an effect on snacking”.
- Help with weight loss : XtraSlim is a slimming product that facilitates weight loss by reducing hunger and the portions of your meals. So you will eat significantly less. Amoroso’s testimony underlines this effectiveness: ‘‘I’ve been using it for 10 days, I never feel like snacking, I’m only hungry at my evening meal, in small quantities, I’m very satisfied”.
- Unsatisfactory results for some users : the effectiveness of the XtraSlim food supplement with regard to reducing appetite and snacking is not observable in certain users. The latter, such as Phillipe Lorrin, believe that this product has “notno effect”. An Amazon customer approaches in the same direction: “ I tried them for 1 month and frankly, I didn’t notice a drop in my appetite or my desire to snack.”.
- A little expensive : the selling price of the XtraSlim food supplement is considered excessive by some users who consider it “…too expensive…’’ (Delhoumeau) or ‘’a little high” (Mnemosyne).
Where to get the XstraSlim?
To buy XstraSlim, you have several options:
- many websites specializing in health products and food supplements offer XstraSlim, such as NewPharma or Amazon for example. You can search for reputable online pharmacies or online shopping sites that sell wellness products. But above all, be sure to check the reliability of the site before making your purchase!
- It is also available that the manufacturer of XstraSlim directly sells the product on its official website.
My opinion in detail
My overall rating: 3.5/5
When I evaluate products, I take into consideration several essential criteria. Here is a list of aspects I consider:
- Composition: I pay special attention to micronutrients and macronutrients because they play a crucial role in my weight loss and overall health.
- Reputation: The notoriety of a product is an essential criterion for me. It is difficult to trust an unknown brand, especially in the case of products of this type, which do not have a media presence.
- Price: The cost should be reasonable so that I can use the product regularly without jeopardizing my financial situation.
- Dosage: The ease and practicality of daily intake are important to me. I am looking for a product that can be used without constraints or difficulties.
I share my opinion with you on these criteria, but to write it, I based it on various research because I have not tested this product! So I encourage you to check out some reviews online to make an informed decision.
The composition: 3.5/5
The overall composition of the XtraSlim slimming supplement appears to contain a blend of natural ingredients such as wakame, turmeric, konjac extracts, blackcurrant leaf extract, as well as vitamins B6 and B1. These natural ingredients provide beneficial nutrients: minerals, fiber, antioxidants and vitamins. In contrast, ingredients, such as calcium carbonate, microcrystalline cellulose and anti-caking agents, may be of synthetic origin, but they are commonly used in dietary supplements for reasons of practicality and formulation. So I’m a little torn, although the main thing remains natural despite everything!
FortéPharma is a laboratory that is quite well known to the general public, because we can find it in a lot of advertising around us for various products. For my part, I did not know the XtraSlim range, and it seems that this is the case for several Internet users as well.
The advantage is that I had confidence in this product because I have already had the opportunity to test other FortéPharma products and this one also has its place in pharmacies.
The price: 3.5/5
As for the price, the box for a one-month treatment is €48.50, otherwise the brand also offers a complete fat-burning program for €82.10 or a set of 3 boxes for €123.70. The prices are quite high for just one month of treatment and the brand does not necessarily seem to be doing any particular promotion.
The XtraSlim appetite suppressant food supplement helps you to better control the quantity or size of your portions and to better resist snacking during the day. Thus, it allows you to lose weight by acting as an appetite suppressant, contributing to better control of cravings while reducing the feeling of appetite.
It helps you more easily achieve a feeling of fullness. For optimal results, the consumption of the XtraSlim food supplement must be combined with dietary measures, controlled food hygiene and regular physical activity.
Go further by discovering my complete file on the best appetite suppressants.
Whether for financial or compositional reasons, other alternatives are available on the market and for all tastes! Here are some of them: