[Article updated on 19/09/2023]
Obesity today constitutes a real health crisis in the world. Several factors influence an individual’s weight, including the individual’s genetics, excess calories and lack of physical activity. This article aims to present to you these 3 main causes of obesity problems as well as ways to overcome them.
Before reading on
I’m not an expert in this field, but I am passionate about nutrition and health.
The articles you’ll find on my site are the result of in-depth research that I’d like to share with you. However, I would like to stress that I am not a health professional and that my advice should in no way replace that of a qualified physician. I’m here to guide you, but it’s important that you consult a professional for specific questions or medical concerns. Your well-being is important. So be sure to consult the appropriate experts and take the best possible care of yourself.
The causes of obesity are diverse and vary from one individual to another. Basically, obesity is the direct consequence of excessive calorie intake. The body thus stores excess calories in the form of fat. Over time, these reserves accumulate and the individual’s weight increases. However, other factors can influence a person’s weight.
So what are the main factors that increase the risk of obesity?
- Hereditary factors
While it is true that genetics plays an important role in increasing the risk of obesity in certain individuals, other factors also play a role, notably poor diet and a more or less sedentary lifestyle (source).
- Bad diet
The typical diet in Western countries is high in refined grains, red meat, sugar, unhealthy fat and sugary drinks. All of this contributes to increasing an individual’s risk of obesity. I can only advise you to read my article dedicated to raspberry ketone !
- Lack of physical activity
Coupled with an unhealthy diet, the lack of regular physical activity such as running, walking, cycling and other vigorous physical activity promotes rapid weight gain. Thus, the imbalance between calories consumed and those spent in a day ultimately leads to obesity.
How to fight obesity?
- Considering the factors that increase a person’s risk of obesity, it is easy to deduce the right behaviors to adopt to overcome this scourge.
- Pay attention to your diet: this requires a healthy and balanced diet. Thus, certain foods should be prioritized in meals and others should be avoided.
- Exercise regularly: depending on the daily calorie intake, you will need to exercise regularly in order to reduce the excess calories provided during the diet. However, for good health, it is always beneficial to have routine physical exercises to practice regularly.
- Change your lifestyle: Stress can lead to weight gain. Indeed, stressed people tend to overeat and therefore turn to high-calorie foods which provide a certain comfort.
- Sometimes, all the efforts made tend to be in vain to achieve weight reduction. In this case, it is recommended to resort to medical treatment. THE Xenical is a pill used to combat obesity. It prevents about a third of the fats consumed from being absorbed and thus reduces your body mass over time. However, precautions must be taken to ensure its optimal effectiveness; click here to learn more about this appetite suppressant pill.